meta name="sitelock-site-verification" content="105" /> What I Believe In... - MarSpeak What I Believe In... - MarSpeak

What I Believe In…

Photo by Steve Diedrick

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. Paul says:

Marlene, I cannot help myself….I must respond to you to your example of an “unearned and unreasonable accommodation” regarding the LGBT bathroom bills.

The Republican Party once stood for limited government and smaller debt. Now they seem to seize power and grow the government every chance they get. Over 200 cities in 17 states going back to 1993 have protected the individual rights of a citizen to use a bathroom aliened with their gender identity. With no evidence of a problem,,they are now passing laws against this practice!!!????

I am speaking out !!!

• mar4joy says:

Thanks again for the discussion, Paul, and I cannot help myself in responding either. You blame the Republican Party? Let me set the record straight. On or about February 23, 2016 the “Charlotte N.C. City Council voted to expand protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity” allowing people to “choose restrooms corresponding to the gender which they identify.” Here I must point out that the Charlotte City council IS primarily a Democrat City Council of 11 members (9 Democrat and 2 Republican) that chose to change the time honored tradition of Women and Men bathrooms.

This was done in spite of 140 citizens with opposing views filling the chamber to capacity and given but one minute each to give the council their opposing opinion. At the same time there were several hundred people protesting outside in a “wind-driven rain.” These citizens were protesting the safety of women and their children—not from female transgenders, but from men transgenders.

Let me be clear: I am not saying that transgender people are predators. Not by a long shot. What I am saying is that there are countless deviant men in this world who will pretend to be transgender as a means of gaining access to the people they want to exploit, namely women and children. It already happens.

Subsequently, the North Carolina legislature took action that they deemed necessary to rein in local governments from overreaching their authority by forbidding municipalities from passing their own anti-discrimination rules, and to protect women and children. The new law forbids municipalities from passing their own anti-discrimination rules; rather, it imposes a statewide standard that leaves out sexual orientation and gender identity.

Your “200 cities in 17 states” are the ones who have perpetrated laws that have given rise to the rest of us (Republicans and others) to respond to our privacy and safety concerns that are being trampled in order to give a “very small minority with loud voices an unreasonable and unearned accommodation.”

And yes, the Republican Party does stands for limited government and smaller debt! It is the Progressive agenda that has put transgender access to bathrooms at front of the LGBT rights battle—NOT as you say, “Republicans seizing power to grow the government every chance they get!”

2. Michael Svoboda says:

Well put Marlene. The latest “right” on the list “not to be poor”. Catchy phrase that has no definition! Government edict of poverty level? What a blob of demands we have while the distributors and destroyers continue their work unabated.

• mar4joy says:

Thanks for the comment, Michael. The Progressive list does grow by the day. Have you ever wondered about all the “buzz” words that have crept into our language in the past 10 years or so: sustainability, smart growth, and high density? When was it exactly when the Progressive’s began pushing Global Warming that morphed into Climate Change? These things along with that long list, i.e., the right not to be poor, etc. is really bugging me. Have been doing some research on the U.N. Agenda 21 and am wondering if you have heard about it and if you think I should blog about it. Check it out at http://americanpolicy.org/agenda21/ and let me know what you thing. Marlene

• Michael svoboda says:

Climate change has been with the earth for millions of years. Nothing new. Both warming and cooling.

A quick scan of the links you sent me (thank you) shows me nothing but a plea from polically based thinking to redistribute ownership of a assets from those who have created them to those who haven’t. Not a strong connection to a primer on how we should deal with climate change…the change is inevitable. It will produce dislocations of populations as it has in the past.

Rational thinks should be demanding that these malcontents demonstrate exactly how their “solutions” will prevent the seas from rising or rivers changing course

In my view…Agenda 1 is a chance for the representatives have a nice dinner,drinks, and fancy hotel at the expense of the “homies”

There are lots of folks In the world that want what we “have” and enjoy but aren’t interested in the work ethic and persevence that it requires to do it s the appeal of redistribution schemes.

History continually leaves the message that when the pie is gone or the goose is dead…there is nothing left to distribute.

3. Paul says:

Marlene > 3 comments in response: 1, How does ” deemed necessary to rein in LOCAL governments” sound to you???? I know what it means to me. 2. Show me some data about how our last Republican President controlled the debt???? 3. If you believe that climate change and global warming are not FACTS,then buy some low lying shoreline property and see how rich you get! (Please, any of my grandchildren reading this, it is a bad idea and I am sorry for what we have done to this great planet….I hope you can still save it!!)

• mar4joy says:

Paul> Who said anything about Climate Change to you? I will never apologize for breathing even though climate change advocates would have me do just that. I’m afraid, Paul that our discourse is getting less than a friendly exchange of ideas. Bringing our Grandchildren into the middle of our discussion is inappropriate! Enough said!

4. JOHN MIHELICH says:

MY BEST SUMMARY WOULD BE : YOU HAVE DEFINED (WELL) THE LIBERAL AND THE
    CONSERVATIVE. AS IT PERTAINS TO INDEPENDANT CONTROL LOOK AT STATES LIKE
    NEW YORK WHERE THEY LIMIT THE NUMBER OF HOLESTHAT CAN GO IN A SALT SHAKER.
    I IS A COMBINATION OF TOO MANY HIRED WITH AN INADEQUATE CHARTER, AND A LACK OF